eSight is an organization with a simple but profound belief: that people who can see the world, can change the world.
This belief has driven us to invent a truly novel technology - breakthrough, electronic glasses that let the legally blind actually see. This solution dramatically transforms the lives of the legally blind, with thousands of stories online that are likely to leave you with a lump in your throat or a tear in your eye.
We are a well-funded, cutting-edge organization that is passionately driven by our vision to change the world with life-changing, customer-centric technology. We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to use unique and creative ideas to maximize efficiencies and run a lean finance department as our emerging tech company grows and ensure we are meeting all our reporting requirements. You will wear a variety of hats and have a solid overall fundamental knowledge of accounting and finance procedures and are looking to innovate and improve the status quo.
More About The Role:
· Consult with internal teams on the flow of information and how it should be recorded in our accounting system
· Work with senior management to improve efficiencies and optimize expenditures, and preparing and creating financial reports to answer queries
· Overall financial reporting
· All other duties as assigned within the scope and spirit of the position
Are you the next Financial Controller for eSight? We are looking for an individual who:
· Greatly wants to use his/her skills to make a contribution to a meaningful cause
· Strong communication skills that are built on active listening
· Has the ability to think quickly, act quickly, multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
· Optimization is one of your favourite words
· Enjoys creating structure in an unstructured environment
Skills and Requirements For This Role:
We are looking for an individual with an exceptional ability to work with a diverse team and company, and the want to join a community and a company that wants to make a difference. You are a self-starter who is full of ideas and ready to roll up your sleeves in order to find efficiencies and do everything around you better than it was done before.
· Previous experience in month end, quarterly and annual reporting
· Previous experience in Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable processes
· Solid understanding of accounting principals, concepts, and experience in IFRS reporting
· Excel expertise, data analytics experience and ability to create reports that show causations in business trends
· Experience with debt and equity financing and fundraising
· Experience working in large audit firms and corporations, as well as technology based companies, is preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
· An accounting designation or working towards an accounting or finance designation
· A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience
· Optimization is one of your favourite words!
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Toronto complete with a competitive compensation package.
At eSight we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require any accommodation during the application or interview process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please contact us at 1 855 837 4448 x317.