eSight is an organization with a simple but profound belief: that people who can see the world, can change the world.
This belief has driven us to invent a truly novel technology - breakthrough, electronic glasses that let the legally blind actually see. This solution dramatically transforms the lives of the legally blind, with thousands of stories online that are likely to leave you with a lump in your throat or a tear in your eye.
We are a well-funded, cutting-edge organization that is passionately driven by our vision to change the world with life-changing, customer-centric technology. We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer/Developer to create a compelling experience for our low vision clients across a variety of platforms including wearables and mobile.
More About This Role:
- Gather user experience requirements from customers, researchers, product managers and other sources
- Participate in various user centered design techniques such as stakeholder interviews, surveys, prototyping, usability testing, competitor analysis and UI documentation
- Create storyboards and presentations of the user experience and use cases with mockups and wireframes
- UI testing and debugging
Are you the next UI/UX Designer/Developer for eSight? We are looking for an individual who:
- Greatly wants to use his/her skills to make a contribution to a meaningful cause
- Has a user-centric mindset with a keen sense of design with an eye for typography, composition, flow and colours
- Has the ability to carry out a concept from start to completion and work independently
- Has the ability to pick up software skills quickly and easily (adaptability and ability to learn new things)
- Is comfortable with complex software (technical savvy)
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Can work in a fast-paced, Startup environment
- Has the ability to stay focused and deliver on time and on budget
- Can work independently with little direction and be self-motivated (you get stuff done!)
Skills and Requirements For This Role:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree specializing in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction or a comparable discipline
- At least 3 years of UX/UI design experience in UX/UI design for mobile applications on Android or iOS platform with knowledge of best practices for one or more of these platforms
- Experience with prototyping
- Proven track record in working with a software development team
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Experience writing GUI software requirements specifications
- Proficiency in typical wireframing and prototyping tools such as Axure, Invision, Balsamiq and visual design tools such as the Adobe design suite
- Understanding of designing for and testing of usability
- Experience with designing user interfaces for individuals with low vision would be an asset
- A relevant portfolio of past projects – please include links to your portfolio upon applying
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Ottawa complete with a competitive compensation package, including health and dental benefits.
At eSight we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require any accommodation during the application or interview process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please contact us at 1 855 837 4448 x317.