eSight is an organization with a simple but profound belief: that people who can see the world, can change the world.
This belief has driven us to invent a truly novel technology - breakthrough, electronic glasses that let the legally blind actually see. This solution dramatically transforms the lives of the legally blind, with thousands of stories online that are likely to leave you with a lump in your throat or a tear in your eye.
We are a well-funded, cutting-edge organization that is passionately driven by our vision to change the world with life-changing, customer-centric technology. We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to create a compelling experience for our low vision clients across a variety of platforms including wearables and mobile.
More About This Role:
- Gather user experience requirements from customers, researchers, product managers and others
- Participate in various user centered design techniques such as stakeholder interviews, surveys, prototyping, usability testing, competitor analysis and UI documentation
- Create storyboards and presentations of the user experience and use cases with mock-ups and wireframes
- Design graphical user interface elements such as Menus, Tabs and Widgets
- Has a user-centric mindset with a keen sense of design with an eye for typography, composition, flow and colours
- Has a solid understanding of the constraints and opportunities with the leading mobile platforms and digital technologies including; wearables, iOS, Android, tablets, Web, SaaS & IoT.
- Aware of innovative technologies and methods that enhance the physical and digital experiences
- Has the ability to carry out a concept from start to completion and work independently
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Has the ability to stay focused and deliver on time and on budget
Skills and Requirements for This Role:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree specializing in Human-Computer Interaction or similar
- At least 5 years of UI/UX design experience for wearables and/or mobile applications on Android or iOS platform with knowledge of best practices for one or more of these platforms. No coding required.
- Fluency in product design and motion graphic tools – Sketch Adobe CC, Principle, Framer.
- Solid grasp of web and mobile design principles
- Proficient with typical wireframing and prototyping tools such as Axure, Invision, Balsamiq and visual design tools such as the Adobe design suite
- Understanding of designing for and testing for usability
- Experience with designing user interfaces for individuals with low vision would be an asset
- A relevant portfolio of past projects – please include links to your portfolio upon applying
At eSight we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require any accommodation during the application or interview process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please contact us at 1 855 837 4448 x317.