eSight is an organization with a simple but profound belief: that people who can see the world, can change the world.
This belief has driven us to invent a truly novel technology - breakthrough, electronic glasses that let the legally blind actually see. This solution dramatically transforms the lives of the legally blind, with thousands of stories online that are likely to leave you with a lump in your throat or a tear in your eye.
We are a well-funded, cutting-edge organization that is passionately driven by our vision to change the world with life-changing, customer-centric technology. We are looking for a Manufacturing Project Manager to define scope, expectations, coordinate and manage deliverables throughout the project life cycle. Your area of expertise lies in successfully delivering manufacturing projects and collaborating with all areas of business – engineering, operations and management functions.
More About This Role:
· Define project scope and timelines; manage, plan and evaluate the progress of projects from concept to delivery
· Prepare project summaries and establish work plans for each phase of the project; communicate scope and project risk to internal functional teams
· Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
· Ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budgets
· Approve packaging design and deliverables
· Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders and with subject matter experts to obtain technical advice and resolve production challenges
· Obtain accurate costs and estimations for projects
· Maintain accurate and up to date status reports and modify schedules or plans as needed
· Maintain a repository of manufacturing issues and opportunities within an accessible and collaborative tool.
· Expedite resolution to risks and issues to mitigate schedule delays.
· Identify, implement and coach on approved improvement methods in project management and team techniques, driving efficiency & simplification in the execution of projects/tasks in achieving intended results.
Are you the next Manufacturing Project Manager? We are looking for an individual who:
· Can conduct evaluations, assessments and analysis of new projects.
· Can innovate solutions to problems and present feasible alternatives in the face of obstacles.
· Has excellent communication skills – both written, verbal and presenting to senior leaderships.
· Are comfortable talking to teams from the manufacturing shop upwards to C-level executives.
· Has the confidence to take a stand, hear the opposition and exercise effective decision-making and leadership qualities
Skills and Requirements For This Role:
· 5+ years of relevant project management experience (Previous experience in manufacturing environment is a must!)
· PMP Certification or other is an asset
· General understanding in the areas of mechanical product design and product assemblies
· Proven skills with project management methodologies (developing project charters, defining and managing scope, building timelines, communicating plans, and managing cost and risks)
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Ottawa complete with a competitive compensation package, including health and dental benefits.
At eSight we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require any accommodation during the application or interview process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please contact us at 1 855 837 4448 x317.